On Wednesday I built a site for Kara Cantrell, a startup dating consultant, who needed a site to showcase her professional services. The brief was to make a site that appeals to men (her target clients) but that also reflects her personality. It needed to be friendly and welcoming.
Having browsed some other dating consultant websites, I came to the conclusion that this is one industry where people do not care how bad their websites look. Yep, I said it. Some terrible examples out there. This made me more determined to make Kara stand out from the pack.
Kara provided me with the following:
- Text content for the page. This type of site is quite wordy by its nature, so it’s a little harder to make it look nice and minimalist, but it’s still possible.
- Some high resolution images of her.
- The Rediscover Romeo logo.
With this information I was able to build the site, meeting my promised 24 hour turnaround with time to spare. I also helped her with some added aspects, such as:
- A live chat box, powered by Olark. These are free for basic users and allow visitors to your site to chat with you at any time, which is very useful for Kara’s site.
- Email account setup, so that Kara can receive and send emails from her professional email address using her Gmail interface. No need for her to login to a separate webmail account!
- A WordPress blog installation, so that Kara can blog away to her heart’s delight!
24 hours later the site launched, and I was happy to receive a glowing testimonial from Kara!
Kieran’s amazing eye for detail and creative ability is first-class. Innovative, efficient, helpful and fun are just a few words that come to mind when I think about working with Kieran. Therefore, I knew he was the person I wanted to create my business website. I am still amazed at how quickly he was able to make my ideas come to life! My website looks better than I could have imagined. I now feel excited and confident about my new business venture. Thank you, thank you, thank you Kieran!